Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is law school worth it?

mfnelsonmfnelson Free Trial Member
in General 5 karma
Mostly a question for those who are on the fence between law and another career field. Took the LSAT in June, got a 174, pretty pumped. However, my GPA is weak in comparison (~3.4) so im wondering if its even worth it to pursue law school given the costs and the fact that I still probably wont get into a top school even with my score. Tempted to just go into finance (what my degree is in) and abandon law school or maybe wait a couple years and then go. Anyone else is a similar boat? How did you decide?

Comments

• AlejandroAlejandro Member Inactive ⭐
    2424 karma
    If you love and feel passionate about finance go with that. In contrast, if law is your passion you should go with that instead. Put money aside. What do you prefer? You're in a great position to get accepted at pretty much any program outside of HYS but I wouldn't recommend you going into law school if that is not where your passion lies.

If you mainly care about money I would recommend you go the finance route though.

Hope that helps!