Rewriting PS/LORs

mpits001mpits001 Alum Member
edited July 2015 in General 938 karma
I have a friend who's reapplying to his school of choice for next cycle, but he's not sure if he needs to rewrite his PS or get new LORs. He's convinced that the only reason he didn't get in was due to his score (145), and intends to take the test again in Oct. I can't answer this question myself since my application is under reevaluation and I didn't have to "apply" a second time. I was wondering if anyone on here might know something about applicants applying to the same school 2 maybe even 3 times?

Comments

• Matt1234567Matt1234567 Inactive ⭐
    edited July 2015 1294 karma
    I'm actually reapplying and writing out a whole new PS. For the LOR, I'm keeping the old ones and just getting into touch with profs/employers to mail them again.

I'm not sure if everyone writes out a whole new PS, maybe they tweak it a little? I don't know, I feel like it would be odd to apply with the same PS. I'm always paranoid that whoever is looking at my application will notice me from the last application cycle lmao.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    I would say you're better safe than sorry since resubmitting an identical application with a higher score may come off as lazy or unserious to some adcoms in much the same way that screwing around on the LSAT writing sample can have a negative effect.
  • mpits001mpits001 Alum Member
    938 karma
    Makes sense @Matt1234567 @Pacifico, thank you for the replies! I will pass the information along :)!