Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ADHD and Convergence Disorder Accomodations

bpowell4bpowell4 Member
in General 26 karma

Hey 7Sage Community,

I'm planning on taking the LSAT this upcoming November, and am applying for additional time. I am doing so because I have both (1) ADHD, (2) an Astigmatism, and (3) a Convergence disorder. I imagine ADHD doesn't require much explanation, but the two other disorders are both eye disorders which make reading for long periods of time or at great speeds extremely difficult. As a result of these two disorders, I primarily read through audiobooks and filter all my University reading through text-to-speech software.

For all three of these disorders, I have records of professional diagnosis, supporting documentation, treatment by the in-staff doctors at Notre Dame, and a record of prior accommodation on my ACTs.

I'm wondering about two things:

1) What are the odds that my accommodations will be approved? I'm asking for 50% extra time. I imagine the LSAT is understandably diligent when it comes to verifying this sort of stuff (because the incentive to bullshit is immense), but I have all the necessary documents proving my conditions. I want to hear about other people's experiences because I want to know whether I should plan on practicing with the 50% additional time.

2) Is there anything I can do to more accurately communicate the nature of these disabilities? Is there anything that in the past has been successful for accommodation approval?

Comments

• Sensrock20Sensrock20 Alum Member
    38 karma

So long as you provide supporting documents from a doctor, you'll be fine. You should also send documents from your school proving that you received additional time - assuming that you did. If you didn't, I don't think it'll be that big of a problem.

• bpowell4bpowell4 Member
    26 karma

Thank you!