Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

confused on scoring for prep tests

khouryyrachelkhouryyrachel Live Member

Hi friends!
I am a little confused and want some clarification. I have been doing prep tests and not stimulating the modern, meaning I am taking all 4 sections which makes sense because that is what I will be doing on test day. The score that I get back counts the 4th section when I perform in that mode, right? Should I do my own calculations on the sections supposedly scored and use that to keep track of my scores or is the score given by 7sage my anticipated score?

I hope this makes sense. help pls :-)

Comments

• Yes the fourth section is counted in your score. The way 7Sage approximates your score is by taking the average of the two LR sections (you can see this if you scroll down a little in the analytics page) . You do not need to do any additional calculations and should consider the score you receive as being representative of your performance.

• Cherry - Student ServiceCherry - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    1428 karma

@khouryyrachel said:
    Hi friends!
    I am a little confused and want some clarification. I have been doing prep tests and not stimulating the modern, meaning I am taking all 4 sections which makes sense because that is what I will be doing on test day. The score that I get back counts the 4th section when I perform in that mode, right? Should I do my own calculations on the sections supposedly scored and use that to keep track of my scores or is the score given by 7sage my anticipated score?

I hope this makes sense. help pls :-)

Hi there,

If you took a standard 4-section PrepTest on 7Sage, all 4 sections will be scored. But if you take PrepTests 90, 91, or 92 on our site, only 3 sections will be scored. The fourth variable experimental section is automatically excluded from your score.

So if you want to estimate your score with only 3 sections you can use our Modern Score Converter which is based on having the same raw to scaled conversion table, but scored as though there was only one LR section (one-half of the usual amount) with the raw score scaled up to account for the reduction in the number of questions. Because no one outside of LSAC knows how the scoring will actually be done, this is just an educated guess.

Let me know if you have any further questions, I'm here to help!