Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When to take final PT?

ClaudioD21ClaudioD21 Member
in General 414 karma

Hey everyone. I’m taking the upcoming October LSAT probably on Friday the 14th. When would ya’ll recommend taking my final PT? Should I avoid taking any PTs the week of my LSAT or should I fit one PT in on that week? Thanks!

Comments

• smoothbrainsmoothbrain Member
    128 karma

Hey there, I am also doing the October test. My idea is that Im gonna PT pretty much every other day until the test. Day before Im just gonna do a big self care day lol (like yoga, eat well, relax, and go to sleep early). My plan for the week before is Im probably gonna do two PTs just to keep my mind sharp and stay on routine so that the day of feels like any other day. From what I've heard from other test takers, the best bet is just to stick to the schedule you have already and treat it like any other PT day :) Best of luck!!

• ClaudioD21ClaudioD21 Member
    414 karma

@smoothbrain said:
    Hey there, I am also doing the October test. My idea is that Im gonna PT pretty much every other day until the test. Day before Im just gonna do a big self care day lol (like yoga, eat well, relax, and go to sleep early). My plan for the week before is Im probably gonna do two PTs just to keep my mind sharp and stay on routine so that the day of feels like any other day. From what I've heard from other test takers, the best bet is just to stick to the schedule you have already and treat it like any other PT day :) Best of luck!!

This seems like a good approach! From what I’ve heard it’s best not to do any studying the day prior but other than that I’ll stick to my routine.

• julia.grevejulia.greve Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    190 karma

Hey there!

The best thing to do in the week leading up to your test is maintain a good mindset and continue to reaffirm skills you might get rusty on. Don't think of the last week as being substantive studying. The goal here is to simply avoid small test day mistakes like running out of time or double checking your answers for those tough questions you know you are most likely to miss.

I recommend taking your last PT at least one week out from the test. You definitely would not want to take a PT the day before only to see a score decrease. A lot of preparation in this week is mental rather than content based!