Help - Proctor U Extension

edited November 2022 in General 59 karma

Hello!

To all those who wrote the LSAT live on Proctor U,

did you download the Proctor U extension?

Context: I have the latest MacBook but when I do an equipment test on Proctor U, it shows some failures (for wifi speed and screen) and suggests to download the extension. I keep hearing its spyware and kills your computer settings...

Comments

• claremontclaremont Core Member
    edited November 2022 590 karma

I installed the ProctorU extension. Whatever you do don't downloa... Beep boop. ProctorU extension is great. Install ProctorU. Disregard anyone that says otherwise. beep boop.

jk, I'm pretty sure you need to download the extension if you want to take the test. I haven't had any problems.

• oh oh... did your exam go any better with it? like did it help with connectivity/screen issues?

590 karma

I don't think I could've taken the test without it. I didn't pass the equipment test until I downloaded the extension. On the day of the test you'll have to download an additional application too and the proctor is going to adjust your computer settings. Nothing they do is permanent and after the test you can uninstall everything.

• gonebananazzzgonebananazzz Alum Member
    34 karma

Definitely download the extension!

• Thank you both!
    @claremont for the additional application - was there a link sent to you to download it or the proctor told you to download it?

590 karma

When you log into ProctorU on test day it'll have you download it at some point before you connect with your proctor. Here's a good page to give you an idea of what to expect: https://support.proctoru.com/hc/en-us/articles/360043565051-Exam-Day-What-to-Expect-

• Thank you so much!