Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need advice please!

Hello!

So, I'm taking the Nov LSAT (9 more days!!) But my case is a bit different...or maybe not. Initially, I had planned on doing the LSATs twice. Once in Nov and one more time in Jan. As much as I hoped to be that person who gets it in one try, reality exists, and given my study schedule + personal responsibilities, reaching my goal score seems unattainable, and that's something I have accepted and have no problem taking it twice as I am not enrolling in law school ASAP. I had initially started studying in May (already had some basic prior practice outside of 7sage), but due to family, work, etc.., I had to pause and start again in August which obviously threw off my entire study schedule. Now, I know it's tempting to comment and be like "well you should have planned better", etc etc, I know, I've said this all to myself before. I've blamed myself for circumstances out of my control LOL, we love anxiety! Since this is going to be my first try, I am aiming for 160+, allowing myself to see how it goes before aiming for 170s for the January one.

But, although my prep is good, and I've done my absolute best given the short timespan, I'm so immensely nervous that it's not enough. I've done the drills, recapped notes and lessons, etc, but I can't shake off the anxiety. I want to continue giving my absolute best, so any advice on how to effectively study during the last week would be amazing help! For those who took the test or for the November gang, how are you prepping? What should be my key focus?

please be kind, I am dying lmfao

To all my fellow Nov test-takers, best of luck. We don't know each other, but I am so proud of you all. We know this wasn't easy. But I can't wait for us to take this exam, kill it, and take the most amazing nap after!

Comments

• blanklawblanklaw Member
    490 karma

There's so much to say, but I'll just drop in a few things.

I basically did the same thing with the double LSAT-- I took the October and now, (as hopefully my last take) I am taking the November. Since I knew that I wasn't fully ready for my October test-- I kind of had an opposite mindset-- which I think helped me score way beyond what I hoped for at that stage.
    I approached the test with an attitude of it being a learning experience, a sort of "dress rehearsal", if you will. I had this calm feeling the whole time and a sort of weird "outsider" view where I was aiming to "learn" the test and really see how things worked.

I knew that I had a second try, so I wasn't aiming for more than what I was capable of, but it helped my perform my utmost best. I think a main thing that helped me achieve this was having a completely focused/clear mind for the test.

That being said, don't beat yourself over things out of your control! If you did the best you could, be happy/satisfied with that and use that preparation as your "weapon" to successfully take on the test.

For this test, as try #1, really see if you can flip your mindset to viewing this November test as just another practice exam in your journey of studying for the LSAT. Try to use this test as a way to "learn" the test-- remember how everything went and model it on how you prepare for the rest of your studying leading up to the January test.

If things went worse than you expected, that's ok. You have another shot, and you can even cancel this score if you want.

I think a change in mindset in how you approach the test will allow you to maximize all your learning and potential that you've gained so far.

An additional advantage to having a really positive mindset for this test is that you can even use it as an inspiration for approaching the January test (it's what I'm doing for the November test-- it's really been helping with keeping a calm head these last few days).

Best of luck and rooting for you! You got this!

• @blanklaw said:
    There's so much to say, but I'll just drop in a few things.

Thank you so much, Blanklaw! I am training myself to approach it EXACTLY like you wrote. To use it as learning lesson and take it from there, step by step. You have no idea how much your words just consoled me and motivated me. I just need to stop being so difficult on myself. But, I actually copied your message and put it on a note so I can come back to it while I study, just as a reminder :)

I wish you all the best for the November one!! You got this!!