Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I write a GPA addendum?

During high school and beginning of college, I did not really care about my grades.
Thanks to my high school dual credit classes and 1st year classes in college, I acquired a CAS GPA under a 3.0.

There is not any context to share from being an irresponsible student other than saying that I used to have depression. However, I do not think that's a reasonable excuse. I do not think my depression was the result of a chemical imbalance (which is also theoretical itself), but instead was the result of my poor decisions, life style, and habits.

I know there is no harm of writing an addendum, but this is the only context I think is worth mentioning. What do you guys think?

Comments

• C_S_D 01C_S_D 01 Member
    252 karma

I think the real story is, What's different now? What changed and how can you convince your adcom readers its a sincere and lasting change? Those details are more important than what happened in the past.

• Paris Y WillParis Y Will Core Member
    3 karma

I agree with C_S_D 01. I would write an addendum of lessons learned and your plan of success in law school. I'll be writing one too. You got this!

• WhatIsLifeWhatIsLife Member
    810 karma

The advice I got regarding this is that if you can explain your low GPA in an addendum, you should as long as your addendum is not just making excuses. It should in short, tell them the circumstances that effected your GPA and why you are not that same person/why you are more capable than your GPA shows.

I