HUGE BR discrepancy + is it even worth to continue studying?

edited December 2022 in General 46 karma

Hi, I've been constantly scoring in the 155~160 range which I think I've improved compared to my worst ever lsat score 142. Recently, I tend to get high 160s to even 170 when I do BR. How do I close this gap? Is it just practice, practice, practice?
Also, I am starting to doubt whether it is even worth to continue studying. I feel like 170 is a decent score to apply for good schools, but I am still far behind. Any advise for me? Thank you in advance.

Comments

• WhatIsLifeWhatIsLife Member
    810 karma

170 isn't a decent score, it's a phenomenal score. Only 3% of all test takers out of thousands clear that number. I'm not saying don't aim high, but 160 is also a really good score that will get you into law schools. Obviously we should all try to get the highest score possible but don't get discouraged if you don't score 170 and think you can't apply for good schools.

To answer your question, if you're already close to 160 I would recommend doing two things. 1: Figure out if there are any specific areas that are causing you to miss problems (for me it was parallel reasoning and some/most logic questions). Go back and try to relearn the fundamentals for those parts only. 2: Timed drill + wrong answer review for the rest. I think after a certain point just watching lessons is not worth it, you just have to drill them out.

Once you learn how to shoot a jumpshot and get your form down, the only way to become a great shooter is to shoot from all over the court. You wouldn't go back and keep tweaking your form because you'd never gain the consistency and muscle memory to perform well during the game.