PTF97.S1.Q20 - In North America there has been an explosion of public interest...

ninaaaa15ninaaaa15 Alum Member
edited December 2022 in Logical Reasoning 124 karma

Hi everyone,

I'm having a hard time understanding why answer choice E is wrong and why answer choice B is correct can someone please explain

Thank you in advance!

Admin Note: Edited title. Please use the format: "PT#.S#.Q# - brief description of the question." Also deleted the stimulus because it is against our Forum Rules to post the LSAT questions or Answer Choices on the forum

Comments

• azlawgirlazlawgirl Member
    38 karma

Hi I was also deciding between AC E and B, and ended up choosing B. First, if you negate B "There were more than 45 professional opera companies that had been active 30 years ago and have ceased operations". This means essentially that the 45 opera studios that opened up are less than the the 45 companies that closed, which completely wrecks the conclusion that there has been an explosion of public interest because more have gone out of business then opened.

Its harder to see whats wrong with E and under timed conditions I just felt like B was more necessary to ensuring the conclusion. I think E is wrong because of the wording "enthusiasm on the part of a potential audience"because it does not closely match the conclusion, which is saying two things explosion of public interest AND explosion of enjoyment. So essentially its not necessary that opera houses opened as a result of enthuasim on the part of a potential audience, because technically it could be current audiences that are driving this (I think ?)