Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What to do if you are not seeing improvement?

fiddle11fiddle11 Core Member

Hello,

I figured I should write this to get a feel for what I'm doing wrong. I have been taking practice sections for LR, and have been stuck in the -8 to -11 range. Terrible, I know. I have been blind reviewing and I will maybe see the light on some of them, but others I stick with the answer I chose. I feel like I can't make certain connections with the arguments I'm seeing and I'm not entirely sure how to fix it.

After the explanation videos I have a clearer understanding of the argument and why the correct answer is correct, but I do another practice section and the same thing happens. I have been missing the questions that are at the 158 curve and above.

Is there something different I can be doing?

Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Matt SorrMatt Sorr Alum Member
    2244 karma

If you're only doing full sections, I'd recommend taking the time to drill question types that trouble you and questions right at or above your comfort level.

7Sage's analytics help show you which question types you're struggling with the most. Figure out which types these are, revisit the curriculum to see how to approach those types, and drill those types. Perhaps start with a drill consisting of level one questions, then level two when you see progress, then three, etc. You can even create some drills with a mixture of levels. Repeating the same type, back to back, can often help you to begin seeing patters and developing a specified approach for your weaker question types.

As for drilling right at or above your comfort level, I mean that if you're consistently getting level 1-3 questions right, but missing most level 4-5 questions, only drill questions that are level 4 or 5. I know, it may sound terrible, but growth typically happens when you do the work you'd rather avoid.

I hope this helps some!