Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Apply with lower LSAT with chance to reapply the following year, or hold off to improve LSAT?

Nikolai6Nikolai6 Core Member

I was wondering which of the two paths might be recommended. I understand that improving the LSAT is not a surety, but with more time, I believe I can.

1) Apply this Fall of 2023 with a lower LSAT than I would like and on the lower-end for schools I am aiming for. But, know that if I do not get in to those schools, apply again in Fall 2024 with a better LSAT score.
2) Do not apply at all with this lower LSAT score and rather work to improve it until it is near the level it needs to be by Fall 2024 applications (i.e., do not both with application process in Fall 2023).

Any guidance is super appreciated!

Application Timeline
  1. How should I go about applying?27 votes
    1. Apply in Fall 2023 and then in Fall 2024 if need be
      48.15%
    2. Wait until Fall 2024 to improve LSAT
      51.85%

Comments

• hollyrose613hollyrose613 Live Member
    144 karma

Hi, I am in an almost identical situation, looking at the poll it shows 50/50, so now I am curious what you ended up doing? Or if anyone else has more guidance on this? I have a really high GPA, over 3.9, but very low LSAT that I took last January (background: I was in the middle of finals of my senior year undergrad, and also had absolutely no resourceful people to try and discuss this with or help assist me in properly preparing for this type of test) so I am wondering what I should do?

• SStaketheLSAT-1SStaketheLSAT-1 Core Member
    33 karma

If you choose to reapply, you'll have to rework your personal statement. Best to only apply once.