Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GPA Update from 2010/Grad School GPA

Wyndale1220Wyndale1220 Core Member

Hi All - I applied to law school previously in 2010 with an LSAC GPA from my undergrad of 3.66. Since then, I went to grad school and received a 4.0 (in grad school). 2 questions:

1. Is it possible that my undergrad GPA calculation will have changed over the past 13 years? For example: my actual transcript GPA was a 3.72.

2. How does a 4.0 grad school GPA interact in this process? How does it change the change of admissions?

Comments

• abenaebuhabenaebuh Core Member
    7 karma

Hello Zacharysegall,
    Congratulations on your 4.0. It's amazing! In the application, LSAC will require you to submit all your educational transcripts. Although you'll submit all your transcripts, LSAC calculates your GPA using all your undergraduate academic records until your first degree was awarded. Nothing more. I can imagine a scenario where your personal statement entails some portions of your graduate school experience. Beyound that, I can't think of ways your graduate school GPA will come into play.

• Selene SteelmanSelene Steelman Free Trial Member Admissions Consultant
    2037 karma

Hi @Wyndale1220. Former admissions officer here. Your undergraduate GPA will not change as a result of subsequent graduate degree work. Your graduate degree performance will inform the admissions committee of your most recent academic achievements and could be a more accurate representation of your current classroom potential. However, if you are admitted to a program, that school will have to use your LSAC cumulative undergraduate GPA (which excludes any graduate degree grades) for ranking and reporting purposes. Good luck!

• Wyndale1220Wyndale1220 Core Member
    10 karma

@"Selene Steelman" - thank you so much for the response. Has the LSAC formula shifted since 2010 for undergraduate GPA calculation? This is to ask, should I resubmit my undergraduate transcript to LSAC or is it okay to not update since I last submitted in 2010? (It's still in my LSAC account, which I recently reactivated).

• Selene SteelmanSelene Steelman Free Trial Member Admissions Consultant
    2037 karma

Hi @Wyndale1220. These are all important questions to resolve for your CAS Report. Since this involves information from 13 years ago, I recommend you speak directly to LSAC about their policy: 1.800.336.3982. Good luck!