PTC.S3.Q20 - Reporters, by allotting time to some events rather than the others

legaleezeelegaleezee Alum Member
edited May 2023 in Logical Reasoning 59 karma

Hi! Could someone please explain why E is the correct answer? I would love to see everyone's understanding/explanation! Here is what I thought, which turns out to be incorrect but I still don't get why E is right.

PaI - Disagree over Interpret which news is newsworthy
S: Reporters pick which events they want to report (newsworthy) and for how long is the reporting, so they always interpret the news (preliminary)
Ramon: Reporters -> /Interpret the news. Once they decide a news is newsworthy, they better give me the full info.
So Sarah says the act of considering which news is newsworthy is already the beginning of interpretation, Ramon says the interpretation begins after a news is decided to be newsworthy.

A. Every time they report it? They might or might not, this is digging too deep
B. Sarah disagrees, Ramon agrees “once they deem a story to be newsworthy”
C. Irrelevant
D. Ramon no comment, he only cares about newsworthy
E. Ramon no opinion

Comments

• emanuelkparkeremanuelkparker Core Member
    8 karma

Sarah is saying that reporters always interpret the news because deciding which stories to write about counts as interpreting. Ramon says that they should never interpret the news, but goes on to say "Once they deem a story to be newsworthy, they should deliver the facts to me untainted" implying that Ramon doesn't consider deeming a story to be newsworthy to be interpreting the news.

So the disagreement is over whether choosing a news story is interpreting the news, and then you get answer choice E. This is a challenging point of disagreement question because they aren't directly disagreeing with each other, just using different a different definition for a term.