Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign you may be studying too much

TarheelsTarheels Alum Member
edited May 2023 in General 115 karma

I started studying for the LSAT in December, I grinded on it for like 4 hours a day for the next 5 months until I took the April LSAT. After finishing the CC, my study plan was to take Full PTs everyday because I am competitive and that is how I could get myself juiced up to study, just like in golf, I hate going to the driving range, but I love playing because every round starts with the chance to beat my high score. I took a total of 45 full PTS before taking the April LSAT, my PT average got to be a 174, with 3 179's mixed in there. I felt really good coming out of the real LSAT, with only one question I was not feeling confident about I was feeling like I might have scored a 180, but alas it was not to be. My score came back as a 171, I still have no idea what happened, in my PTs I almost always have a feeling when I am not certain of a question, all of my wrong answers are usually ones I flagged, even if I still get it wrong in BR. I really wish they showed which section the wrong answers came from for my personal sanity. Anyways, I had already taken off 3 weeks between the test and the score release, and the next day after getting my score back I scored a 177. I figured I still know what I know, and that I would just take it easy until the June LSAT and see what happens. 3 weeks after the last test I took, today I got my first 180. I think the time off has really given me time to compress all of my knowledge and feel a lot more confident when looking at questions. The questions all feel a lot more simple, my thought process is much quicker.

Who knows what will happen on the June LSAT, but the point is that sometimes less is more, and don't stress over breaks because you aren't going to lose your progress, it will stick with you, and you might even improve.

Comments