Glass Walls/August 2023 Room Requirements

SlowDownSlowDown Alum Member
edited July 2023 in August 2023 LSAT 84 karma

Does anyone know if the glass wall rule prohibits all glass walls, or is it acceptable to have one glass wall (or door with a window)?

Despite the option for in-person testing on the August 2023 test, remote testing still seems like the most risk averse option [considering the variable number of variables (pun intended) involved with Prometric centers]. With that being said, I'm having some difficulty finding a space that definitively meets all of the LSAC/proctoring requirements.

The private rooms in my office building have three solid walls and one glass wall, and the same is true for most study rooms at my university and nearby public libraries.

Comments

• trevorNYCgoaltrevorNYCgoal Core Member
    308 karma

I just took the June exam this past Friday so I hope I can answer your question.

My desk was cornered against two windows, once of which ran nearly floor to ceiling. They asked me to shift my desk so that it wasn’t in full view. I then was also asked to close the blinds in the windows as I was reminded of the rules.

Similarly, part of my desk/testing environment was in a semi open space (I took the exam at home, it was the best I could do), and they asked me to shift my entire space so that I wasn’t in a completely open space. I just told them I can’t do that it is not possible. Wouldn’t recommend disputing everything that they ask but just to put into reference