Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT Writing: testing location requirements & when it can be taken

2tUSSCs-1-1-1-12tUSSCs-1-1-1-1 Alum Member
in General 84 karma

Hi folks,

I have a question about LSAT writing. I took the August LSAT the other day but have not yet taken LSAT writing. I am planning on doing so asap, hopefully tomorrow or the day after. But after reading what LSAC has to say about LSAT writing, I have a few unanswered questions.

1. LSAC says that testing in a room with a glass wall or door does not meet testing location requirements. Fine. But can I test somewhere that has a glass window that isn't an entire wall or door? There are very few rooms around that have no windows that I could test in. My apartment doesn't, and the local library (as far as I know) doesn't either.

2. Do I need to schedule a time to take the LSAT writing portion in advance, or can I take it as soon as the "Launch LSAT writing" link shows up in LSAC? Wouldn't I need to inform a proctor in advance that I'm going to take it at, say, 3:00 pm on Wednesday?

Thanks!

Comments

• 2tUSSCs-1-1-1-12tUSSCs-1-1-1-1 Alum Member
    84 karma

Can someone please answer this question? Thanks!

• ev2k1ev2k1 Alum Member
    109 karma

I took the LSAT Writing yesterday, so hopefully I can help! I took it my gym at home (at least two open walls) with my back to a wall of mirrors. You still have to do the room scan and show your ID, but it got approved, so you shouldn't have an issue. As long as you don't have scratch paper in front of you or your phone on your desk or something, you're good! You also don't have to schedule a time! I just sat down and took it. They just record your video, there's no live proctor. Hope this helps!

• 2tUSSCs-1-1-1-12tUSSCs-1-1-1-1 Alum Member
    84 karma

This is very helpful, yes. Thanks!