Associate's on Resume

profile427profile427 Alum Member
in General 213 karma
Hi All,

I did the whole community college thing for two years before transferring to uni (hey it was 100% FREE & I racked up a bunch of free $ w/ transfer scholarships). Am I "lying" if I don't include the information on my resume? I don't think that LSAC even has room on the app portion for a college before a bachelor's. I've since removed the degree from my professional resume because it doesn't really matter since I now have a professional degree (but will always be in my heart....awwww).

Thanks

Comments

• nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @profile427 said:
    I don't think that LSAC even has room on the app portion for a college before a bachelor's.
    They do, and in fact, you might receive a healthy boost to your GPA by including (and I believe you're required to submit all transcripts pre-BA). Why not include it?
  • GSU HopefulGSU Hopeful Core
    1644 karma
    I would include ALL colleges attended. If you don't, I think it could shed the light of purposefully not disclosing something, whether that was your intention or not. I sent LSAC every transcript that I had.
  • ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    I'm sure the schools will know you attended CC whether or not you included that in your resume.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @ddakjiking said:
    I'm sure the schools will know you attended CC whether or not you included that in your resume.
    Yeah—and leaving it off would only draw negative attention to it ("Why did he/she leave this off? Were they thinking we would like it/hoping we wouldn't notice? That's silly.") whereas including it would be neutral-to-positive. So you made a wise financial decision for the first two years of college ... that's not a negative!! :)
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    You want internal consistency in your app and your BA transcript will show transfer credits from the CC so you need to submit those transcripts as well. You also generally want your resume to match your transcript and everything else in your app, though this part is more of a gray area since then more important part is your BA. I would definitely submit the transcripts to LSAC, but depending on the structure or narrative of your resume, it might be okay to leave it off there since it is already accounted for elsewhere and isn't really doing much to improve the resume. As a related example, I took 15 college credits through local colleges during a post grad year between high school and college. I submitted the transcripts because I got a GPA boost out of it, but I left the post grad school off of my resume because without additional explnation, the name of the school makes it sound like a high school. In my case though, the 3 colleges I got credit from are also not on my resume, which is fine because from the timeline it clearly happened before I started at the school where I got my BA.
  • profile427profile427 Alum Member
    213 karma
    Thanks, all!