PT40.S3.Q01 - Big-budget movies often gross

taliakftaliakf Alum Member
edited September 2023 in Logical Reasoning 7 karma

Prep Test 40 Section 3 Question 1

So for this question, I initially had the correct thought process that brought me to B, but then I decided that B was a trick answer due to a previous question that I had in prep test 89, section 2, question 24. This was a weaken except question. The correct answer was C, because it said that most workers are paid much more than the current minimum wage, but C does not do anything to weaken because it does not specify by how much more workers are paid, so you do know if it is sufficient to affect the prompt at all.

I had the same thought process for Prep Test 40 Section 3, Question 1. The correct answer here is B. I understand why the other answers do not resolve the discrepancy, but by following the same logic for Prep Test 89, I do not see how this answer resolves the issue. If big budget movies often gross two or three times more than cost of production, how do we know from answer B that there are enough small or medium budget movies made to be greater than the big budget revenue? It is is the same language of "much more" are made, that does nothing for the weaken question, and yet resolves this question. Could you help me understand this?

Comments

• Mary - Student ServiceMary - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    645 karma

Hi @taliakf. I have edited your comment and the title of your post. Please do not post the entire question and answer choices for the LSAC question, this is copyrighted content and is against the Forum Rules. Please also use the format: "PT#.S#.Q# - brief description of the question" for the title. Thank you.

• taliakftaliakf Alum Member
    7 karma

Hi @"Mary - Student Service". Thank you for this! I was unaware of this and will be more careful in the future.