Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are ya'll happy about the LG removal starting august 2024?

elsokol97elsokol97 Live Member
edited October 2023 in General 18 karma

-

Comments

• aalam0786aalam0786 Alum Member
    80 karma

Tbh LG was learnable and fun if you got good at it. With 2 LR sections and potentially 3 if its experimental the test will just be even more dreadful and boring, and they'll prolly make the sections harder now.

• il-legally-brunetteil-legally-brunette Core Member
    272 karma

I am... but have to agree with the above comment that potentially doing 3 LR sections sounds like hell and will be way more boring. However, given that LG has not received nearly any of my study time yet, I couldn't be happier to only have to master 2 sections. It does cause me to worry that they will change LR and make it more difficult or add question types that are rarely seen.... I'd love to hear other's thoughts on this change!

• ryanjankowski16ryanjankowski16 Core Member
    14 karma

Yes! only have to master 2 sections instead of 3... i frequently neglect my LG study times, as its the "easiest" section to master.

• You Gotta Show MeYou Gotta Show Me Alum Member
    edited October 2023 93 karma

TBH it is a gut punch. LG is my easiest section. I do not feel good about this change at all.

• jennnxxpjennnxxp Core Member
    63 karma

I am only because LR is my strongest section. However, I think that will make this exam more boring. It would suck to have two LR and two RC in my opinion.

• Andres.ULSATAndres.ULSAT Live Member
    48 karma

LR is my worst section and LG is my best section. Unhappy would be an understatement.

• sjkemmer7sjkemmer7 Core Member
    6 karma

Does anyone know if I should go ahead and swap to the beta curriculum or should I stay with the same curriculum? I plan on taking the August LSAT.

• edited October 2023 71 karma

IMO Logic Games is the easiest section to master and the best section for a majority of people. According to LSAC, the median grade is not expected to rise with the new format so I'm going to assume they might introduce new question types to accommodate for this change.

• hendrickshendricks Live Member
    388 karma

I can imagine the test being a lot harder.

• BrandonM9BrandonM9 Alum Member
    70 karma

absolutely not. main reason is because everyone now has to do 3 LG sections basically on top of an experimental. So we now have 2LR sections, and 2 RC sections (one experimental). It may be good in the short run because thats one less section you have to learn but if LG was was your best section, it has to be LR now.

• Nora MillerNora Miller Member Administrator
    406 karma

@sjkemmer7 said:
    Does anyone know if I should go ahead and swap to the beta curriculum or should I stay with the same curriculum? I plan on taking the August LSAT.

You should swap to V2 of the Core Curriculum! We've completely revamped our Logical Reasoning section; the new version will help you prep for the new, more LR-heavy test. Here's a webpage with instructions for switching over.

• AlexLSAT.AlexLSAT. Alum Member
    802 karma

Absolutely not. The thought of getting 3 LR sections in a row sounds brutal. Test will be much more boring and the mental fatigue will hit quicker.

• hendrickshendricks Live Member
    388 karma

Exactly ^^^^

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8460 karma

LG is almost a free section to anyone who puts in sufficient time. The main barrier is a psychological one as it never feels like you'll make it. Given this move, I'd be interested to see if they also do away with LR questions that lend themselves to diagramming.

Interesting how we've come full circle back to 2 graded LR sections. I've been in it long enough to remember 5 section paper tests where you did 6 section PTs for stamina and people were taping phones to their heads to video their PT takes. My first official test was LR LR LG RC RC... did not go well.

• AlexLSAT.AlexLSAT. Alum Member
    802 karma

@canihazJD said:
    LG is almost a free section to anyone who puts in sufficient time. The main barrier is a psychological one as it never feels like you'll make it. Given this move, I'd be interested to see if they also do away with LR questions that lend themselves to diagramming.

Interesting how we've come full circle back to 2 graded LR sections. I've been in it long enough to remember 5 section paper tests where you did 6 section PTs for stamina and people were taping phones to their heads to video their PT takes. My first official test was LR LR LG RC RC... did not go well.

Absolutely agree with this.

I think the change adversely affects many high scorers. Most people breaking into the 170+ range are doing so at the moment with -0 LG. Obviously this doesn't apply to everyone but interested to see how the score fluctuates at the 165+ range after the change.

• nmoyer1982nmoyer1982 Alum Member
    edited October 2023 90 karma

I like the change. I aced the LG section on the October 2005 LSAT many years ago, but I haven't been able to do as well lately now that I'm studying to retake the LSAT and finish my law degree.