Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Same LSAT Score

bellatennis55bellatennis55 Live Member
in General 12 karma

Hi everyone!

I am needing a little motivation and help. I keep taking timed exams but my scores are not increasing. I am taking my exam in January and I know I still have time to improve but it has just been really discouraging. Any tips on what I should do? Thanks!

Comments

• jaidajeterjaidajeter Live Member
    45 karma

Same boat! Hopefully we get some advice. We can do this!

• Johnny TsunamiJohnny Tsunami Alum Member
    186 karma

Score plateaus are very common and normal. Im going through one right now actually!

What are your average scores for the sections? Are they pretty samey across the board?

LG seem to be the easiest to improve upon so focusing on that and drilling should boost your score up.

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8460 karma

You should be reviewing (ideally in writing) your performances and drilling to address the deficiencies that caused that score. You can't just keep taking PTs and expect to miracle yourself to a higher score. Think of any other performance activity... playing an instrument, a sport, a martial art, driving a car. It's not enough to see what you did wrong. You need to train, such that your brain builds connections that allow you to perform at a higher level the next time. Just watching a video and saying oh I get it allows you to remember that you made the same mistake again for the 10th time on a similar question. But thats not helpful.

Use your analytics to identify problem areas. Review to (1) ensure you understood the content, (2) identify where you reacted to that content in a less than ideal way, and (3) output an actionable plan to improve. Then execute your plan to a predetermined benchmark. Only then do you have a reason to take another PT—you expect that you've improved, uncovering the next level of issues to work out. Otherwise you're just burning content.