Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How review LR and Plateau

Hassanat_bahHassanat_bah Alum Member
edited November 2023 in Logical Reasoning 49 karma

Hello,

I have studying for couple months now but I'm not seeing any improvement with LR. The most I can answer in that section is until question 17th. My score have been constantly 8/17 and 11/17 after BR based on just what I answered. I believe my review hasn't been effective. I do have a wrong answer journal and redo questions sometimes. Sometimes I get them right and sometime I get them wrong again. How can I review LR effectively and improve? Any advice pleasseeeeeeeeeee

Comments

• Hassanat_bahHassanat_bah Alum Member
    49 karma

advice pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee

• lucasjameszieglerlucasjamesziegler Core Member
    380 karma

Greetings! If you are going 8/17 consistently then their is a fundamental issue with your understanding of the section. I would focus on the first 10 and not move on until you constantly get 10/10 on those.

Something that helped me was to focus less on diagramming and more on ensuring I can identify the conclusion and premises. You must also understand the argument before delving into the questions.

• Hassanat_bahHassanat_bah Alum Member
    49 karma

Thank you Lucas. I'm gonna try that too

• il-legally-brunetteil-legally-brunette Core Member
    272 karma

I would go back to the lessons in fundamentals that show up in LR. You can find them in the LR lessons transcripts at the bottom usually. There is probably a key thing that hasn't clicked yet so make sure you understand the patterns that come up and the logic behind it all

• rdyoung12rdyoung12 Alum Member
    306 karma

Long discussion on Discord voice calls helped me improve. I mean LONG! lol like we would spend 20-30 mins on a question really verbally taking it apart and putting it back together again. Sometimes even using diagrams or logical notation. These discussions seemed like a waste of time at first but personally I felt it made me gain a few points. BTW - I was discussing with students scoring significantly higher than me. Perhaps that really leveraged my gains being the lowest scoring on in the group. Surprisingly I would often help the higher scorers understand questions just as they did help me.