PTA.S1.Q4 - Safety Inspector and Biologist

Kate BloomKate Bloom Alum Member
edited November 2023 in Logical Reasoning 49 karma

Prep Test A, Section 1, Question 4 is a flaw question with a Safety Inspector and a Biologist. Can anyone explain to me why C is wrong? Thank you :)

Admin Note: Edited title. For LR questions, please use the format: "PT#.S#.Q# - brief description of the question."

Comments

• AmericanInJapanAmericanInJapan Alum Member
    73 karma

Let's do this! PS what even is this argument? Sure let's just ignore the Safety Inspector with a potentially deadly virus. I'm sure that'll be fine.

This question is all about relevance. Some of these answer choices are things that could be true, but have no relevance with what the safety inspector is saying.

Let's take a step back for a moment and think about something different while using the same basic thing that's happening in this passage.

I'm making my wife some tea and I bring it over. I start pouring the tea into her cup while watching TV, not really paying attention to her cup. She starts getting angry with me "Hey hey pay attention you're overfilling my cup and spilling everywhere!" I simply respond "Don't worry, I've been safely pouring tea for 20 years."

What is going on here? Did I rightly respond to her concerns? No, and now I'm stuck mopping the floors.

C is saying that in my scenario, I overlooked the fact that I was pouring black tea instead of green tea. Or that I didn't notice that the tea was too hot or too cold. Whatever makes sense to you. It was the tea itself that was the problem.

But that wasn't the problem. The problem was that I was an idiot and overfilled the cup.

So E is the correct answer. The safety inspector isn't questioning the rabies virus itself, they are saying "YOU ARE (pouring) SENDING TOO MUCH"

Hope this helps!