Almost test time - test anxiety is kicking in - please help with the last leg?

DiscoFever_07DiscoFever_07 Core Member
in General 6 karma

Im in the final week before the test - i feel like my anxiety is making me forget the basic and make dumb mistakes (my last 2 PTs show an incremental decrease of my score.

Should I read the question first or read the stimuli first?

Comments

• mtn4605mtn4605 Alum Member
    5 karma

I read the stem first because I feel like I can dissect the argument faster without having background knowledge lingering in my head. But I find myself looking at the question stem first if the question contains a lengthy argument/AC to see if its worth skipping and coming back to later

• m.and.m2023m.and.m2023 Alum Member
    17 karma

2 PTs is a relatively small sample size. Stick to what you know and the method's you've been using. Be confident in your abilities and don't let pre-test nerves push your further out of your comfort zone. Try and focus this week on enforcing your confidence rather than letting nerves shake you down. Just really focus on getting one question right at a time instead of looking at the whole test.

• dglanzman02dglanzman02 Live Member
    29 karma

Don't do anything challenging in this last leg. Practice with things you've done already, too late to really learn anything so refresh with questions that you can get right and maintain confidence. If you do anything new don't grade it.
    I took a day and a half to myself before the test, my tutor took a week off of studying before his to eat cheetos and play xbox. We all need different times to de-stress do what you have to do.

• Kate BloomKate Bloom Alum Member
    49 karma

@DiscoFever_07 The most important thing is to believe in yourself. I am taking the November test as well. I have faith that we can both do well and get the score we want and deserve. We have put in the studying and we have worked hard for this! Do not forget that, and good luck! :)

• bankyalade1bankyalade1 Core Member
    28 karma

I've been a fan of reading question first, simply because for some questions like, find the conclusion or MSS questions it helps frame my mine going into them. I tackle those questions differently and spend less time trying to understand the reasoning of some stimulus's that may for example be very challenging and simply, understanding the information of those passages to solve the answer. But regardless, I'm writing it this month as well. And I believe we both will do great.