Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ramping up your actual score, LSAT Trainer, and running out of PT

Alright, so I love 7sage and I truly think it has helped me in areas where my previous study program did not. I have been preptesting up to PT 45. However, I am approaching a set of tests that I already covered before. I have done PT 52-64, and I am pretty worried about inflated scores. Any advice on how to PT from this point on? I plan to test in October.

Also, I want to ramp up my actual score. I keep scoring in the 150's but I have BR'ed at 168. I know it can be a stretch but my goal is to score in the 170's. Does anyone have any advice on how to improve their actual score? I have been having a lot of confidence fails during the test because I completely miss problems (I don't even circle them). I am afraid that I cannot even identify the feeling that something is wrong.

Last thing: where do you guys recommend getting the LSAT trainer?

Comments

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Just order The Trainer from Amazon. It's likely cheaper there than elsewhere. As for the PTs, retakes can still be valuable, especially if you do an excellent BR. And if you're aware of the inflation in score then you're ahead of the game so just understand that they are there to help you learn, not to give you an emotional reward of a good score. I don't know how many PTs you have actually taken or where your errors appear but I would definitely consult the analytics and help that guide your prep between PTs. Just keep reducing your confidence errors and BR on a clean test and you should see that BR score rise and your timed score should follow along eventually.
  • c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    I would definitely recommend retaking some or all of the preptests between 52 and 64, and then using 65-75 as you run up to the test. Retakes are a really solid way of firming up your skills and uncovering glaring weaknesses, so even if the score is slightly inflated it's the process of completing the PT that's most important.
  • LSATislandLSATisland Free Trial Inactive Sage
    1878 karma
    @victoriapadilla1140 I would alternate between the used and new PTs. The used ones are still good for learning, just don't pay too much attention to the scores.
  • jyang72jyang72 Alum Member
    844 karma
    @victoriapadilla1140, if you do 3 PTs a week, you can do 2 retakes and 1 fresh PT. If you do 2 PTs a week, you can do 1 retake and 1 fresh PT. But the point is, you need to have solid BR. Reusing PT is still a valuable way to solidify your knowledge.
  • lpadr009lpadr009 Free Trial Member
    379 karma
    PBI: Does 7sage like the LSAT Trainer?
  • DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited August 2015 7468 karma
    @lpadr009 They do! Lots of love between the two! http://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/comment/15143
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    7Sage and the Trainer are like two peas in a pod. I was worried some of the material in the Trainer might be confusing after finishing 7Sage, but since I had really developed a solid base with the curriculum I was able to just shore up that foundation as I went through the Trainer. While there are different techniques in play for different areas sometimes, I think they complement each other very well and you can just pick what works best for you.