Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Confused about test day

LSATKingsmanLSATKingsman Alum Member
edited August 2015 in General 1024 karma
I have not taken an official LSAT in a test center yet so I am confused how it works.

When the section you are working on is done then what happens? How quickly do you move on to the net question? Also Do you need to guess during the section you are on or can I fill in all C's before I start the next section? I am also confused do some people look back at previous sections if they finish a section early? What is preventing you from doing this? Last how many people are in each test room?

Comments

• ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    Everything you do is dictated by the proctor. When the 35 minutes are up, you absolutely cannot go back and fill in any remaining questions. You will be kicked out if caught.

And # in room depends on your testing center.
  • littlesnickerslittlesnickers Member Inactive Sage
    271 karma
    There is no pause between sections. As soon as one ends, the proctor reads the instructions for the next one and starts the clock again.
  • LSATKingsmanLSATKingsman Alum Member
    1024 karma
    They read the directions while the time is running?!?
  • djkrd92djkrd92 Alum Member
    75 karma
    No, not while the time is running. I suggest that you take advantage of the 7Sage Procter because it's exactly the same as the proctor on Test Day.

"Please, put your pencils down. You will have 35 minutes to complete Section 2 only. During this time..blah blah...Turn to Section 2, read the directions and start working NOW." (time starts).
  • ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    @LSATKing said:
    They read the directions while the time is running?!?
    no. The proctor will say something along the lines of "Pencils down! You will now have 35 mins to complete Section __, you may not go back and fill in blah blah. You may begin now."
  • c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    Correct, you may have something like 20ish seconds in between the sections. Only enough time time for the proctor to read the 2 or 3 lines of instructions.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Definitely just go here and give a listen to the recordings: http://7sage.com/free-lsat-prep-tools/
  • harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    Sit down after registration, fill out scan sheet with identifiable information (not timed, everyone does this together), instructions read for #1, 35 minutes, instructions read for #2, 35 minutes, instructions read for #3, 35 minutes, 15 minute break, called back in/check ID, instructions for #4 read, 35 minutes, instructions for #5 read, 35 minutes, and then the essay at the end.

No you can't go back to previous sections. If you miss some, you can bubble in the missing ones (without looking at the LSAT page, so essentially a straight guess), but the more you leave blank/have to bubble when you're working on another section, the less time you have for that section you're on.
  • littlesnickerslittlesnickers Member Inactive Sage
    271 karma
    My proctor said we couldn't bubble in answers for a previous section. To be safe, I would bubble in guesses right before time is called.

LSAC website: Blackening of answer spaces on your answer sheet must be done before time is called for any given section.
  • harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    @sockstcat said:
    LSAC website: Blackening of answer spaces on your answer sheet must be done before time is called for any given section.

After time is called/in between sections, yes, absolutely do not bubble in any answers, but there's nothing stopping you from quickly bubbling in an answer for a question in Section 1/2 if you're on 3, you just won't be able to go back and reference the question.
    8021 karma
    Keep in mind that though you can get away with this, these tactics are technically illegal according to LSAC since it constitutes making a mark in a different section in a broad interpretation of the rules.
  • cliffinesscliffiness Alum Member
    86 karma
    Does anyone know of any instances where test takers are allowed to go out for a smoke during the break?
  • nye8870nye8870 Alum
    1749 karma
    @cliffiness at my location that was forbidden
    8021 karma
    @cliffiness I would not count on it. So if you really need it I'd say go for the patch because some places won't let you chew gum either.
    8021 karma
    Of course you could always dip and just gut it if you want to be wicked hardcore.
  • c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    edited August 2015 2398 karma
    Hahaha @Pacifico try it during your next PT and lemme know how it goes.

@cliffiness As far as smoking goes, LSACs policy for what you can bring inside is listed as:

"The ziplock bag may contain only the following items: LSAT Admission Ticket stub; valid ID; wallet; keys; analog (nondigital) wristwatch; medical or hygiene products; #2 or HB wooden pencils, highlighter, erasers, pencil sharpener (no mechanical pencils); tissues; and beverage in plastic container or juice box (20 oz./591 ml maximum size) and snack for break only."

This seems to indicate you wouldn't be allowed to bring cigarettes in with you, so I wouldn't bet on it. It wouldn't hurt to give LSAC a call directly to find out for sure, though.
    8021 karma
    I'm not a gutter but I've had a lot of soldiers that were... so gross.
    edited August 2015 86 karma
    thanks guys @nye8870 @Pacifico @c.janson35 !! appreciate the responses. ya i was thinking about a patch but i had no problems writing 3 hour exams when i was in school... either way hopefully i quit before i write haha. thanks again :)
    86 karma
    oh i had another question!! is the test on letter or legal sized paper???
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    86 karma
    thank you @nicole.hopkins
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @Pacifico said:
    Of course you could always dip and just gut it if you want to be wicked hardcore.
    GROSS