Been waiting to post this .. Going to Law School

SammyJD1SammyJD1 Alum Member
edited December 2023 in Law School Admissions 95 karma

Hi everyone,

I've waited so long to post this. Never give up, there is always hope.

TLDR;

Graduated Undergrad in 2016 - 2.49 GPA.
Got introduced to LAW from a friend and as I did research I fell in love with the field.
Started Studying for LSAT in Sept 2018
1st test - Jan 2019 - 137
2nd test - July 2019 - 145
3rd test - June 2023 - 152

LSAC GPA 2.35

I decided it was time to apply because I knew I couldn't do better then 152, plus I did not have the money to pay for a tutor and I'm 31, so I don't have time to keep studying. I got a family to take care of.

I submitted my applications on Sept 1st.

I got my first Acceptance to a part time program in October with a 50% Merit Scholarship. Ranked 100+ Law school with a pretty decent bar pass rate.

I got denied by the worst law school in the United States - Cooley (Honestly, this was the school I was hoping to get into if no other school accepted me, it was my final option, even if the school is terrible)

I got waitlisted to a law school that is ranked in top 100.

Waiting to hear back from 2 more law schools.

Main point - NEVER GIVE UP. I have worked so hard to reach this point. Look at my stats.... I got into LAW SCHOOL with a Merit Scholarship.

I got denied by the worst law school and that is totally fine because another school saw my potential.

Please don't doubt yourselves. Keep working hard and everything will fall into place.

BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYONE!

Comments

• luffyyyyluffyyyy Live Member
    651 karma

Congrats!!! I am so happy for you!!! This post put a smile on my face!

• edneycooedneycoo Alum Member
    30 karma

loved this thank you. it means a lot to hear that as my first score was a 147 and its been my highest so far hopefully jan will be better. this post gives me hope

• SammyJD1SammyJD1 Alum Member
    edited December 2023 95 karma

@jessica8871 Thank you!

@edneycoo - Keep at it, never give up, and you will get the score you want. I wanted a 152 and I was able to get it.

• missjurisdocmissjurisdoc Live Member
    504 karma

Congrats!!! Cheers to the start of your legal career!🥂

• dcolema1dcolema1 Live Member
    56 karma

this gives me hope thank you for sharing your story.

• eb2023eb2023 Core Member
    30 karma

Congratulations! You're awesome