Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Taking LSAT a second time this year

sofia365sofia365 Core Member
in General 5 karma

Hi y'all! After 2.5 months of studying, I took the November 2023 LSAT and scored 15 points lower than what I want my dream score to be for my law school applications. I have taken a bit of a break in studying since, and decided this weekend I am getting back into the swing of things, so I am posting this for accountability. I knew then, and know now, that I personally needed more time to get the score I wanted and properly study for this test. However, I am now stressing what is the best date for me to sign up for. I know I want to give myself until at LEAST the June test date- I work full time and balancing work, working out, studying, and generally surviving can be tricky. However, I know June is also the last date that will have Logic Games - it is my favorite section of the LSAT, but from the few diagnostics I have taken, I am not particularly good (read: quick) at solving them for the timing of the LSAT.

With all of this, I am not sure if I should still be aiming to take the LSAT in June or if I should give myself even more time beyond that. I am really anxious and eager to submit my applications once my LSAT score is where I want it, and I am dreading the idea of applying in 2026, so I really want to make this upcoming year my year. In addition, I want to submit my applications as early as possible for the 2025 cycle so I can get that out of the way.

tldr I am feeling lost on how to structure my studying this month, and I don't know if Logic Games are worth my time at all. Any study tips, encouragement, advice, feedback would be greatly appreciated. Seeking out motivation and accountability so that all of us can succeed in 2025 and beyond!