Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Considering transferring from a lower to a higher ranked law school

For context, I am still in the application process. I have not yet received the desired LSAT score to apply to my first choice. However, I am confident that I would be accepted to a lower ranked school. I don't want to let another cycle pass without being enrolled so I have considered attending a different school and then transferring when possible. I'm just not sure it will work. Is there anyone who is considering the same or has some advice about the idea? Please let me know your thoughts.

Comments

• AmyC.oh16AmyC.oh16 Core Member
    24 karma

I was considering the same at one point but I kind of put it out of my head after attending the financial aid and scholarship session on 7sage. My reasoning was based on financial aid aspects. The speaker basically said that Law schools mainly care about getting students into their 1L admitted class based on your scores and the scores the schools are trying to hit for each year, so when you transfer, you are unlikely to get scholarship money because they are not competing to get you to enroll in their 1L class. If you aren't worried about the finances of it all and think you have the work ethic to do applications and get good 1L grades I guess those would be the factors to weigh.