Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Main Point LR Help!

ncesomonuncesomonu Alum Member
in General 27 karma
Hey guys,

I came across a main point question from preptest June 2004 Section 3 #23 "Each of many different human hormones can by itself raise the concentration of glucose in the blood"

I can't understand why the first sentence isn't the main point. I'm having a difficult time understanding why the second sentence, the sentence explaining the phenomena is the main point. This argument structure was very confusing to me..

Thanks so much in advance

Comments

• brna0714brna0714 Alum Inactive ⭐
    1489 karma
    The word "probably" in the second sentence and the words, "to see this," in the third sentence really clued me into the support structure. The second sentence describes a proposed reason for the information provided in the first sentence, it's a hypothesis that needs to be supported.

If you take the first sentence as the conclusion, there is no support provided. We are not given any information meant to persuade us that "each of many different human hormones can by itself raise the concentration of glucose..."

Hope that helps!