Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guidance for an Extended Break Away for LSAT Prep

FLAguyNSeoulFLAguyNSeoul Alum Member
in General 141 karma
I took a little over 6 full weeks off from studying for the December 2015 LSAT test. I was wondering, what is the best way to get back in the flow of things? I have started to do a mix of starting from where I stopped along with reviewing from the beginning, but I need guidance. Should I start from where I stopped, should I review from the beginning, or should I start from the beginning? You wise counsel would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• kyle101010kyle101010 Alum Member
    44 karma
    i would say try a practice test, and lets say you get perfect on the lr or ar or rc...(because you already went over that section in your studying) then just continue from after that section. However, if you just went -10 on all the sections maybe you should just start over...
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    It depends on how much you did before the break. How long had you been studying, and using which materials?

Answer these queries and I will advise :) And good for you for taking that healthy break ... !
  • FLAguyNSeoulFLAguyNSeoul Alum Member
    141 karma
    Thanks Kyle and Nicole for taking the time to reply. I had been studying for three and a half months, and I only used 7Sage material. I had finished 40% of the core curriculum before it was expanded.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @FLAguyNSeoul said:
    I had finished 40% of the core curriculum before it was expanded.
    Then I'd say just jump back into the curriculum. Would not recommend PT'ing before you've double-covered all of your bases in the course.
  • blueyayfreeblueyayfree Alum Member
    164 karma
    I was just essentially forced to stop by a big time deluge at work 80+ hours/week and travel for a similar length of time (the work part only lasted a small portion of the break, I will admit; it required some LSAT-free recovery, though). I had already (very thoroughly) finished the curriculum and had taken 5 practice tests, and I felt weird diving back into LSAT world. I would say ramp back up slowly. My experience has been that while the skills don't disappear, you have to work to dredge them back up. Normal life does not require LSAT-style thinking really ever (even in my line of work in litigation as an economic damages consultant), so don't feel bad if at first your brain is like "what the hell is this nonsensical english in front of me." Given that you haven't finished the curriculum fully, I'd counsel taking your time and reviewing anything you've already done that you're not solid on. Those fundamentals are key (again, because normal existence never requires LSAT-style thinking, so we all naturally suck at it).