PT108.S4.Q7 - Can someone explain

Angelina25Angelina25 Live Member
edited June 27 in Reading Comprehension 9 karma

Can someone explain why D is the correct answer and not A? I feel like the passage suggests that kinglets do not participate in nocturnal behavior to find food.

Comments

• baileleebailelee Live Member
    3 karma

I also answered A on this question! Upon looking into all the answers I've realized it's easier to justify why all the other answers besides D are incorrect. So, I'll explain my thought process.

A: Naturalists do have an understanding of small birds having the ability to survive, just not a full understanding of the kinglet. So it's generalizing.
    B: We know from the text that the kinglet diet is not high enough in fat due to its main food source (insects).
    C: This is a tempting answer looking back and it made me wonder why I would choose A out of the wrong answer choices lol. But for this, the "call that triggers" is a theory and not proven. This choice makes it sound like the action is definitive/proven behavior among the species.
    D: The only thing related to the kinglet being nocturnal is that they don't forage at night. The last paragraph suggests that the nocturnal behavior of goldcrests could be something that happens with kinglets. So, seems to be the best answer choice for something the author would most likely agree with.
    E: We know this does not occur because the text says there is no evidence to prove this.