Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Confused about Blind Review Method

LSATKingsmanLSATKingsman Alum Member
in General 1024 karma
I am taking my first timed test tomorrow woo! Anyways J.Y. says in the videos that you need to be 100% sure that you're answer is correct but also be sure 100% now why the wrong answer are wrong. I am confused because if I am doing a Logic game question for example once I find my answer I was planning on moving on? Should I sacrifice time for the method?

Also When doing a BR Review should I get a copy of that test and re-do it with now time limits? Just somewhat confused thanks in advance for the help.

Comments

• Matt1234567Matt1234567 Inactive ⭐
    1294 karma
    You blind review after you finish the exam. You don't blind review during an actual timed exam.
    Don't time yourself when you blind review, after all, this is the opportunity to really get down to the core of the exam and be 100% why the right answer is right and why the others are wrong.
  • odebs2797odebs2797 Alum Member
    136 karma
    I think you misinterpreted his question. For LG, I don't think the same 100% method applies because once you know it, you know it. But, for LR and RC you should circle the questions you are unsure of. I do it on every section and almost always finish every section with time to spare.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    While doing the timed test, during each section you should circle any question you aren't 100% sure of your answer (realistically you need to be somewhat loose with this as 80-90% certainty is a better metric so you don't end up circling almost every question).

Then after the timed test, record all the sections and numbers of the questions you circled and take a clean copy of the exam and do just those questions with unlimited time to flesh out the correct answers without any bias.

Then go ahead and score your test and check your analytics to see where your weaknesses are.
  • c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    LG are slightly different than the rest of the test because you can affirm the right answer often without eliminating wrong answers. There is little to no subtlety in the questions on the game section, which is why you can be confident about moving on. You know you're task, you've found the right answer with a diagram, and that's it. LR and RC, though, have answers that hinge on the smallest of details, so if you stopped reading at B you may be missing the opportunity to see a better answer that turns up in C-E (again, in LG there are no "better" answers). On the other hand, when you BR the RC and LR sections, it's fundamental to know both why the correct answer is correct and why the incorrect answers are incorrect. If you can't meet this standard during the actual test, then circle the question to improve your understanding on it during BR.