Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question About Modern PrepTest Scoring

henrytjensenhenrytjensen Live Member
edited July 18 in General 11 karma

Does anyone know how the scale works for the Modern PrepTest? Does it incorporate the scale from different exams when dealing with sections from different exams?

Comments

• ntrepanier5ntrepanier5 Alum Member
    310 karma

I could be wrong, but I think what the Modern PTs do (I'm assuming you mean 101-158) is give you three sections from one of the older PTs and then throw on an experimental section from another one of those older PTs. That experimental section wasn't graded in the first place, so I think it just calculates what those three scored sections would have given you on that older test, so no averaging required.

Can't remember where I found it, but 7sage has a Google Sheets spreadsheet showing what previous test sections make up the modern PTs: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sczox8uJgD6yFSIkgr9q8ode0hhNtoMItFeBb3WkbTE/edit?gid=0#gid=0

So like if you took PT101 for example, the three sections from PT24 would all be scored, but then the RC section from PT19 is experimental, so it wouldn't be scored and there'd be no need to average.