Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tips for studying on the last month before exam?

pchung125pchung125 Core Member
in General 6 karma

I started studying for the LSAT in June, and I plan to take the test in September. I spent the first month learning the core curriculum and then spent the first half of the second month doing some untimed sections and the second half doing a full timed PT a day as well as BR and going over the wrong answers. My scores keep going up and down, but I don't see an overall drastic improvment from my diagnostic. My average score as of now is a 145-146, and I'm trying to find a way to get that up, but not sure how to do it with only one month left until I take the LSAT. Any tips or advice? Would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• legally_brunette-1legally_brunette-1 Alum Member
    13 karma

Hi! You should be really proud of yourself for doing this much. Honestly, I have found that it can take a while for the LSAT to "sink in." I don't think you need to be doing a prep test every day-you're probably really tired after all those. Instead, I would focus on different types of questions. Why are you getting some specific questions wrong? There are probably patterns here. I would make a notebook and jot down the reasoning behind why the wrong answer is wrong and why the right answer is right. For example, are you consistently getting flaw questions wrong? Then you need to go over common flaws and make up your own examples about them. Hope this helps! You can do it!!!

• Sharon RemaSharon Rema Free Trial Member
    10 karma

Preparing for the LSAT with only one month left can be challenging, but with the right strategies, you can maximize your improvement. Here are some tips to help you boost your score:

1. Target Weak Areas: Identify the specific sections and question types where you consistently struggle. Spend extra time reviewing the concepts and practicing those areas. Use the explanations for wrong answers to understand your mistakes.

2. Practice Tests: Continue taking full-length, timed practice tests, but focus on quality over quantity. After each test, thoroughly review every question, especially the ones you got wrong or guessed on. Understanding why an answer is correct or incorrect is crucial.

3. Timed Drills: To improve your speed and accuracy, practice timed drills focusing on individual sections or question types. This can help you get more comfortable with the pacing required for the test.

4. Study Schedule: Create a study schedule that balances practice tests, timed drills, and review sessions. Ensure you have time for breaks to avoid burnout. Consistency is key.

5. Test-Taking Strategies: Develop and refine your test-taking strategies. This includes time management techniques, such as knowing when to move on from a difficult question, and strategies for eliminating wrong answer choices.

6. Logical Reasoning (LR): For LR, focus on understanding argument structures, common fallacies, and practicing different question types. The LSAT Trainer, Powerscore LR Bible, and 7Sage are good resources.

7. Reading Comprehension (RC): Practice active reading strategies, such as annotating passages and summarizing paragraphs. Work on timing and aim to improve your comprehension and retention.

8. Logic Games (LG): Make sure you understand the basics of diagramming and different game types. Practice setting up games quickly and accurately, and work on recognizing patterns and making inferences.

9. Mental and Physical Health: Ensure you get enough sleep, eat well, and exercise regularly. Managing stress and maintaining your well-being can significantly impact your performance.

10. Seek Help if Needed: If you're still struggling, consider reaching out to a tutor or joining an LSAT study group. Sometimes, personalized guidance can make a big difference.

Remember, improvement is possible even in the last month. Stay focused, keep a positive mindset, and use your time effectively. Good luck!

• Angelina25Angelina25 Live Member
    39 karma

I would focus on drilling questions during the week and then take a PT on the weekend. I think that more than 2 PTs a week will definitely lead to burn out. I am in the 150s w/ BR in the 160s. I was in your same place a few months ago but once I started to focus on drills and why i got questions wrong (which meant wrong answer journal and taking a day to BR my PT and then another day to watch wrong answer videos) I saw a massive improvement. Also focusing on getting good at conditionals and sufficient and necessary conditions. And when you notice a gap in knowledge, reviewing specific concepts from core curriculum can be helpful. Don't be too hard on yourself, you got this!!