Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). PT103 S4 P2 Q6 (aka. P26 RC P2) - James Porter - 7Sage Forum

PT103 S4 P2 Q6 (aka. P26 RC P2) - James Porter

jwooooonjwooooon Core Member

Hi, I am having a lot of problem with this passage. But especially with this first question. I got it wrong during timed and BR and considering I eliminated (E) immediately upon reading, I am convinced that I did not understand this passage, more specifically the main point of it. I selected (D) (after debating for a long time between (B) and (D) because it basically said the same thing, which I realize should have been a red flag) and the reason I did was that I was unsure as to what was more important in the passage: the connection between African American art and African Artisanship or African American art and it's connection with the Western World/history of America. I assumed it was the latter because although Artisanship was primarily the focus of the first 1/2 of the passage, I felt that the second half solely focused on how Porter's work was different from Locke because it put African American art work in the context of American art. This also continued on to the last paragraph where what Porter was working on was African American art's influence on Western Art in general. Where am I going wrong I am genuinely at lost.