Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Bachelors Degree, half thereof studied abroad - 7Sage Forum

Bachelors Degree, half thereof studied abroad

contactmateoagudelouscontactmateoagudelous Free Trial Member
edited August 18 in General 4 karma

Hello. This is my first post here.

I studied for three years a Dual Degree in Law and Political Science in my home country Spain; left unfinished because I moved to the USA. Then, once in the USA, I applied for a private school, undergrad (Green Card holder - I am, thus, not an "international student"). After one year and a half, my family could not handle the burden of increasing debt, so I transferred to a more affordable school option. I have two semesters (one year, obviously) left.

My question is: when applying to Law School, will LSAC include my grades from Spain in order to calculate the GPA? According to the LSAC: "... LSAC makes no attempt to assess the value of grades earned at different colleges (outside the US/Canada system)".(https://www.lsac.org/applying-law-school/jd-application-process/cas/requesting/transcript-summarization).

I know that LSAC requests all transcripts from undergraduate, so of course they will be getting the transcript from Spain; however. The question is not about the transcript, but rather about the grades, are these grades, earned abroad, counted or not?

The school I am at now does report earned Spanish credits, but does not include the grades to my GPA.

I honestly hope these Spanish grades do not count because I did better in the USA than in Spain...

Thank you.