Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Necessary Assumption Question Tips? - 7Sage Forum

Necessary Assumption Question Tips?

Sidaks122Sidaks122 Live Member

Hi all,

I've been struggling a little more on Necessary Assumption questions. I am doing great on Sufficient Assumption, though!

For N.A., I understand the stimulus but when I go into the answer choices I can't figure out which is the N.A. or which ones to take out. I am usually able to remove 1-2, but am left with 3 that I struggle removing. I even do the negation and am still unable to figure it out from the remaining 3.

Are there any tips that have helped anyone on how to find the N.A.?

Let me know!!

Comments

• jor.hinzejor.hinze Alum Member
    67 karma

A few things have helped me. One, do step drills with not time limit (5 questions at 1 star, then 5 at two, and so on while only moving up when you are at -1 for the set). Always, always, always keep the conclusion at forefront because that it what you are trying to destroy (I miss this step under timed conditions more often than I would like to admit lol). I always go into negation first, but you can also do the MBT test first for the answer choices because the correct answer MBT for the conclusion to follow and then negating it will destroy the conclusion. Frame your negations like this: "It is not true that...". This helped me on the ones where there wasn't an obvious conditional logic indicator to negate. Goodluck and if you are looking for a study buddy in Pacific time zone hit me up!