lsat in december + application process

badgalriribadgalriri Alum Member
in General 316 karma
hey everyone,
sorry if this has been asked before. I'm signed up for the October LSAT but I want my score to go up by 6-8 points ideally, so I'm practicing but I don't know what to expect.

Do you guys think taking the LSAT in December will set me too late in the application process coming up? I really want to apply this year, so I just wanted some feedback.

Thanks,
Damini

Comments

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    No, December is not late... January-March is late... Just make sure everything else you need is good to go so it can all drop as soon as your score hits.
    8021 karma
    There are plenty of people that will test in February that will still get into law school.... Get the higher score and don't worry about when it happens...
  • notwilliamwallacenotwilliamwallace Alum Member
    1049 karma
    @Pacifico said:
    Get the higher score and don't worry about when it happens...
    This advice right here is priceless.
  • LSAT04164LSAT04164 Alum Member
    127 karma
    I posted a similar situation to this on lawstudents.ca (Canadian forum) and people were so discouraging! I often find people on there are rude to not only my threads but other's as well. I love 7Sage for all the kindness and encouragement :) Seriously, bless you guys.

Also, I now know December is not late. My friend took her first LSAT in December and second one in February and still got in for this year. You may get a later acceptance, but it's still very possible!
  • Matt1234567Matt1234567 Inactive ⭐
    1294 karma
    @LSATSZN15 said:
    I posted a similar situation to this on lawstudents.ca (Canadian forum) and people were so discouraging! I often find people on there are rude to not only my threads but other's as well
    Yeah, stay away from that site. There are a lot of trolls with bad advice that regularly insult others on that site.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @Matt1234567 said:
    Yeah, stay away from that site.
    And here I thought Canadians were gosh just so derned nice! @"Dillon A. Wright" say it ain't so!

• notwilliamwallacenotwilliamwallace Alum Member
    1049 karma
    @nicole.hopkins said:
    And here I thought Canadians were gosh just so derned nice! @"Dillon A. Wright" say it ain't so!

Those kind of Canadians are just a minority. Majority of us are like this:

• Matt1234567Matt1234567 Inactive ⭐
    1294 karma
    @notwilliamwallace said:
    Those kind of Canadians are just a minority. Majority of us are like this
    Hahahahaha that video is gold. Seriously needed it after studying for a couple of hours.
  • mcmlaw36mcmlaw36 Alum Member
    631 karma
    @notwilliamwallace said:
    Those kind of Canadians are just a minority. Majority of us are like this:
    Last 10 seconds.. literally sums us up LOL. Love it.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    So you're saying you're RECKLESSLY nice. :D
  • lsatblitzlsatblitz Alum Member
    521 karma
    @Pacifico said:
    No, December is not late... January-March is late... Just make sure everything else you need is good to go so it can all drop as soon as your score hits.
    I'll be asking for me LOR's this month, getting in my personal statements in October/November. However, December LSAT scores usually release in the first week of January, so that's when I assume I'll be submitting my applications.
    8021 karma
    You're still fine... It's the people that don't do anything prior to receiving their December test scores that will be hurting, not you.