Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Confused about PT54 score calculation

mickaelasmithmickaelasmith Member
in General 11 karma
Hi! This could be a dumb question, sorry if this has an obvious answer.

So I took PT54 today, and according to the score sheet, I got a 157 actual/161 BR. This PT was out of 101 questions. I added up my incorrect answers and got RC -7, LR -15, LG -6 for 73 raw. On the BR, it was RC -5, LR -13, LG -1 for 82 raw. This is assuming that the answers I got correct in actual but wrong in BR still count towards the BR total (is that how it's calculated??). According to the raw conversion chart, shouldn't I be at a 159/165?

Is there a curve for the difficultly of the test that's lowering my score? I'm confused. I didn't see a breakdown for BR so I manually counted.

Thank you for the help!

Comments

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    If you switch an answer from wrong to right you get the extra raw point for BR. If you switch from right to wrong then you lose the point on BR. So if you switch one right to wrong and another wrong to right it's a wash as far as your raw score and scaled score are concerned. Does that answer your question?

Honestly the best thing to do is just put it into 7Sage analytics and it will tell you exactly what your timed and BR scores were since it's more than likely you committed some error or another if the scores aren't jiving as they should. If you did put it in 7Sage analytics then it should have given you 157/162 as your timed/BR scores, but since you're saying you added it up yourself I think you over counted the correct questions on BR and so you should have only gotten 80 correct and not 82.

And yes it is a curved test which is why the raw score increase or decrease does not correspond to a number for number increase or decrease in the scaled score.
  • mickaelasmithmickaelasmith Member
    11 karma
    Oh, that makes a lot of sense. I didn't realize you lost the point on BR if you switched your answer. Yeah, the analytic scores should be correct then with the curve and missing points from switching answer. This actually makes me feel better about my BR potential; if I trusted in my answers more it would be higher. Thank you for the clarification! :)