Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2 weeks

jakesmitchelljakesmitchell Alum Member
edited September 2015 in General 24 karma
With approx 2 weeks till test day i am starting to feel stressed. I work 9 to 7 everyday and work out 4 days a week. In the past I have been waking up at 5 to study 3 hours before work. I have no new material to cover-- just all section work and full PTS (I'm scoring around 175 on retakes). Any suggestions for a study schedule moving forward? I want to be 100 percent for test day!

Comments

• c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    Just keep doing what you're doing! Really. Keep the stress levels as low as possible. You got this.
  • NYC12345NYC12345 Alum Inactive Sage
    1654 karma
    What is your score range on fresh exams, @jakesmitchell ?
    Why do you feel the need to put in 3 hours a day at this point?
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @jakesmitchell said:
    I want to be 100 percent for test day!
    Then you need to rest.

Less is more.

Visualize success. Practice self-care.

I'm like, not even studying at this point. I know @c.janson35 certainly isn't. Either you've already put in the training by this point or you haven't. This is a skills test. You can't cram. Don't shoot yourself in the foot.
    edited September 2015 1654 karma
    @nicole.hopkins said:
    I'm like, not even studying at this point.
    Amen to this. I've been relaxing for about a month now.
  • jakesmitchelljakesmitchell Alum Member
    24 karma
    Thanks for the responses @c.janson35 and @nicole.hopkins

@alexandergreene93 I was planning on knocking it out in June and used all my fresh PTS then. I was scoring between 171-173 on those but scored a 164 on the actual exam. I suppose I have been putting in a lot of time bc I'd really like to ensure a 171+ and am worried my scores on the retake PTS are inflated.
    1654 karma
    @jakesmitchell
    What do you think contributed to a major drop in your score on test day?
  • allergicallergic Alum Member Inactive Sage
    246 karma
    My study plan for the last month before the test was 3 PTs per week plus drilling. It sounds like you're already feeling pressed for time with your schedule, so you probably wouldn't want to study more than you are now. It sounds like your current schedule is good.

When I was studying I definitely noticed an increase in my score when I retook tests, but there's nothing you can do about that if you've already taken every PT.

I'm also curious what you think contributed to your test day drop in June.
  • jakesmitchelljakesmitchell Alum Member
    edited September 2015 24 karma
    @alexandergreene93 @allergic I think my test day score drop can be attributed to a few things. 1. Nerves. I put a lot of pressure on myself I know that a 172+ score is the only thing holding me back from a top 3 law school (I got a 4.0 in college). 2. A change in strategy. I found myself skipping around sections after becoming flustered on a particular question. 3. I also felt the logic games and reading comp sections were difficult.

Is it either of your first take?
    1654 karma
    It's my first take.
    1654 karma
    @jakesmitchell
    Would you mind sharing your typical section breakdown before the exam and your breakdown of the actual exam?
  • allergicallergic Alum Member Inactive Sage
    246 karma
    @jakesmitchell My first and only take was in June. I was happy with my score so I won't be retaking. When I was studying I struggled with the logic games at first and I would get nervous on that section when I did PTs, harming my score. Someone told me to pretend to be confident, and it actually worked very well. When I took PTs after that my scores on the LG section were higher, and I went -0 on games on the real thing. Maybe try to pretend to be confident and calm for the whole test.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @alexandergreene93 said:
    I've been relaxing for about a month now.
    This is us tbh.