Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Signed up for October but thinking to bail out and do December *chickens out*

zrkarenzrkaren Alum Member
I am signed up for Oct 2015 *freaks out* what happens if I chicken out and decide to change my date to December? What looks worse... Taking in October and get a shitty score and retake it in December or withdrawing from October and taking it in December

Comments

• splitterhopefulsplitterhopeful Alum Member
    340 karma
    I'm aiming for December but I'm going to take the October anyway. Maybe I'll have a good day. I'm only applying this cycle, so I figure I might as well use my opportunities to take it.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @zrkaren said:
    Taking in October and get a shitty score
    Sounds like you don't want to take it yet and you want some encouragement :)

December is ok!!!!!

Take it easy ... No reason to torture yourself over this.
  • harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    Depends on if the schools you plan on applying for take the average or take all of your LSAT marks into consideration. If just the highest, I don't think it'll hurt you to go for October. But, if you genuinely don't feel confident to write in October, then don't. There's no pressure to!
  • splitterhopefulsplitterhopeful Alum Member
    340 karma
    When is it too late to reschedule to December? I was just looking and more schools than I thought consider average test scores. :/ I'm really not going to be "Ready" in October. I figured there wasn't much harm in trying, though...
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    @splitterhopeful said:
    When is it too late to reschedule to December? I was just looking and more schools than I thought consider average test scores. :/ I'm really not going to be "Ready" in October. I figured there wasn't much harm in trying, though...
    Register by Oct. 30th.
  • schyler.coxschyler.cox Alum Member
    152 karma
    Hey, I feel you Zrkaren... completely. June was my "October" for you, I definitely wasn't ready and just wanted to see what I would get. The school I want to go to has rolling admission and doesn't take the average, so I'm debating on whether I want to torture myself and drag it out until December, or start taking care of myself now, sleeping, not stressing as much, and see if that makes a difference.
  • lsatblitzlsatblitz Alum Member
    521 karma
    I was also thinking of taking it in October, but it really doesn't make sense to waste an attempt like that. I'll take it in December when I'm ready, and if the sky is falling that day and I mess it all up, I'll have two more shots next year. I don't wanna have to deal with the pressure of being on my last attempt next year just cause I felt it would be cool to try out October.
  • Roy JacobsRoy Jacobs Member
    13 karma
    I almost considered chickening out but I realized I missed the date to reschedule to december so I might as well at least try my october date and luckily my top school looks at your best lsat score if you take it twice and only begins averaging scores if you take it 3 or more times.