Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Most strongly supported vs Most helps to justify

Hello all,

Something I'm having a little difficulty with is differentiating "most strongly supported" vs "most helps to justify" questions.

I know that for MSS, we need something that helps validate the premise and/or conclusion. I know it doesn't have to make the conclusion 100% valid (although it can).

For MHTJ, it seems like it's nearly the same. This one is more on the lines of a SA where we need to find the gap between the premise and conclusion. Basically when I see these two types, I tend to attack it the same way.

Can anyone help me clear up some fog? Thanks!

Comments

• ENTJENTJ Alum Inactive ⭐
    3658 karma
    Most Strongly Supported (MSS) questions are more closely aligned with Must Be True (MBT) questions. Both of these types of questions are inference-based and depend on the information provided by the stimulus in order to determine the correct answer choice.

Most Helps to Justify questions are in the Assumption family. They are as JY calls them, "Pseudo Sufficient Assumption" questions and are more closely aligned to your run-of-the-mill Sufficient Assumption questions. These types of questions need the correct answer choice in order to help validate the argument made in the stimulus by filling in the gap.

Hope this helps!
  • c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    Right! Like @ENTJ said, MSS questions you're using the stimulus to support the answer choices, and in the justify questions you're using the answer choices to support the stimulus.
  • Jsohn001Jsohn001 Member
    70 karma
    Both of your input really helped out a lot. Thanks!