December 2013 - retake Feb. for 2014 cycle?

ichirosuzukiichirosuzuki Free Trial Member
edited January 2014 in General 9 karma
In addition to the horrible weather in the Northeast, I received a horrible score last night. The last two weeks before the test, I was scoring 159-161. But on the real test I got a 151. I need to analyze what really went wrong, but I missed about 15 questions on the RC ( I had 2 and the Section 5 was the one that was counted). Should I take the Feb. LSAT so I can apply for this cycle? Did anyone else score significantly lower on the real thing than what they were scoring in weeks prior to the test?
Any advice/comments would help. Thank you.

Comments

• iiiSpooniiiSpoon Alum Inactive ⭐
    277 karma
    ichirosuzuki : I did worse than you tbh, and what was strange was that two weeks before the test I had scored consistently in the mid 160 range and higher. As for test conditions, my areas was horrid; the day I had my test the temperature was -7 to -8 degrees celcius, and the worst thing was that the building we were being tested at had a malfunctioning heater, or maybe it was not even on. Do not feel bad. In terms of advice, I have read that one should focus heavily on logical reasoning since it comprises the majority of the marks and will boost your percentile greatly. That's what I am hoping to do, along with Logical Games, and honestly giving up hope on Reading Comprehension, so that I might take the February LSAT as well in hopes of applying this year.

PS: Is it just me or did anyone else find that they had pushed the February LSAT forward by a great deal? I seem to recall that the date for the exam several months back was posted for the 28th rather than the 8th, though I could be mistaken.
  • olddawg36olddawg36 Free Trial Member
    edited January 2014 9 karma
    i
  • ichirosuzukiichirosuzuki Free Trial Member
    9 karma
    eepoon: Thank you for your comment. I will try to focus of the LG... usually I get only a few of them wrong but the 3rd game tripped me up this time around. As for the Feb. test, I have never seen it as scheduled for the 28th.
  • iiiSpooniiiSpoon Alum Inactive ⭐
    277 karma
    ichirosuzuki : I'm at the point where I feel like I need to rebuild my entire foundation and relearn the fundamentals; I hope 5 weeks will be enough though. Good luck to the both of us.
  • BDashnyam17-1BDashnyam17-1 Free Trial Member
    edited January 2014 18 karma
    I am in the same boat with you guys. Taking the Feb LSAT and applying by early March will put you at a strategically disadvantageous position. Law schools admit students on a rolling basis and unless you have a stellar LSAT score like 170+, most of the seats will have been already filled by then. I was hoping to apply this year as well but I have decided to wait until next year. Now retaking the June LSAT and will focus on trying to get better at LR which is where I lost a lot of points. PT 71 was a tough test and it had a -13 curve for 170. Good luck if you are retaking the Feb LSAT!
  • annkang1005annkang1005 Alum Member
    63 karma
    I'm taking the February test, but applying next cycle. Thinking about working for a year before sending off applications!