Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I did not expect that

aincaoaincao Member
in General 47 karma
Well I hit the weird game in PT 72 and all of my confidence got sucked out of me. I have been able to get the old games and the new games without any problems, but for some reason I just felt off with the 72 logic games and now my confidence is gone, Idk what happened.

Comments

• Andrew KAndrew K Member
    edited September 2015 76 karma
    You are not the first. For a confidence boost, do the games on pt 73 :). I really think 72 in general was just a tough test for logic games and overall. Seems like an anomaly though.
  • harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    72 was just brutal. Shake it off :)
  • mes08mes08 Alum Member
    578 karma
    I don't mean to be a downer, but does anyone have any strategy tips for a brutal LG section (in case that's what we face this weekend)? I'm at a point where I'm averaging -1 or 0 per LG section, but I have a nightmare scenario where I face a brutal LG game, don't understand the setup, and end up running out of time or getting like 5 questions wrong.
  • harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    Honestly, I'm a re-write from December 2014 and that's exactly what happened to me. I crumbled after hitting a hard LG and wasn't able to shake it.
    I would say, if you hit an LG game and you immediately can't think of a game board for it, move on to the next one and put it out of your head (as best as you can. easier said than done). Once you've gotten through the 3 that you CAN do, come back to it and try a new game board. Sometimes it's easier to see it once you've had time away from it :)
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    @mes08 said:
    I don't mean to be a downer, but does anyone have any strategy tips for a brutal LG section (in case that's what we face this weekend)? I'm at a point where I'm averaging -1 or 0 per LG section, but I have a nightmare scenario where I face a brutal LG game, don't understand the setup, and end up running out of time or getting like 5 questions wrong.
    Read the stimulus, read the rules, look at the acceptable situation question if there is one. Maybe try to make a master game board. If it still makes no sense, skip the game and come back. The second look should either show you that you were on the right track or you are totally off base. If you're still stuck, don't freeze up, just start putting elements on paper and make up any batshit crazy game board you can just so you keep momentum and can figure it out on the fly.
  • mes08mes08 Alum Member
    edited September 2015 578 karma
    @Pacifico and @harrismegan, thanks for the advice. @harrismegan I totally sympathize with you; I'm in the exact same boat as you concerning the December test. But this time we'll do awesome ;)
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @Pacifico said:
    Read the stimulus, read the rules, look at the acceptable situation question if there is one. Maybe try to make a master game board. If it still makes no sense, skip the game and come back. The second look should either show you that you were on the right track or you are totally off base. If you're still stuck, don't freeze up, just start putting elements on paper and make up any batshit crazy game board you can just so you keep momentum and can figure it out on the fly.
    dig
  • djkrd92djkrd92 Alum Member
    edited September 2015 75 karma
    What also helped me a lot was to "Trust the Curve!"...no, seriously.

When I hate a disgustingly hard game, i tend to notice that either a) one of the other sections is easier..or b) the curve is much better. So I end up not to far from my average PT scores! So if you find a hard game this Saturday, pump through that knowing that there's an easier section somewhere ahead (or a better curve)!

• nye8870nye8870 Alum
    1749 karma
    The research I found indicates that this so-called curve is actually something that is calculated using
    the five previous tests and has nothing to do with the test you just took, meaning that a really hard game that was "hard" for everyone would not help your score. Can I get a witness?!