Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do I still have access to purchased PDFs?

shizuokatwin379shizuokatwin379 Alum Member
in General 95 karma
Hey,

I used this site before taking my first LSAT around two years ago. I am planning on taking the LSAT again and starting up a new course. When I was here last, PDFs were on site. I believe I purchased quite a few of them, would I still have access to them now if I returned?

Thanks

Comments

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    No, you wouldn't have access anymore due to LSAC's virtual ban on PDFs. You would've had to have downloaded everything when you first had your subscription. You can find everything for ~$300 or so on www.everylsat.com.
  • shizuokatwin379shizuokatwin379 Alum Member
    95 karma
    Thank you for the answer Pacifico.

With the virtual ban, would you happen to know if the Cambridge Lsat pdfs are legit? They seem to still be selling them.
  • brna0714brna0714 Alum Inactive ⭐
    1489 karma
    Cambridge LSAT's pdfs are legitimate. Not really sure why they're still allowed to sell them, likely has to do with when their license expires.
    8021 karma
    I thought Cambridge's license had expired, though that was probably just for the previous stipulations. PDFs are technically still legal, there is just so much red tape that many places opted to stop offering them completely... If Cambridge still has them then just make sure you check the fine print because I'm sure the rules are pretty restrictive.
  • shizuokatwin379shizuokatwin379 Alum Member
    95 karma
    I did read them pretty carefully and aside from the self-only usage, the only real restriction I could find was the download links they send you are only available for 72 hours and/or three clicks. No time-limit to the actual pdfs or anything that I saw.
    8021 karma
    Yeah that was the kind of box that the new LSAC rules put them in. I think 7Sage largely went away from it due to the myriad of issues that could arise from those restrictions. You could buy them and then lose power, or your computer could shit the bed, or the browser could malfunction and then you're out all that money you paid for PDFs. There's no real protection for the end user in the worst case scenarios with those types of restrictions.