In or out -- Please help me decide...

splitterhopefulsplitterhopeful Alum Member
in General 340 karma
I'm registered for Saturday's administration. I am not ready but if I score at the highest end of my PT's, it will be acceptable if I somehow bomb December's administration. The biggest problem is I am quite sick with a viral chest cold right now and it is not improving. I have a cough that I cannot suppress and I pity anyone who would have to sit near me.

On the other hand, I am definitely applying for this cycle. I just am not going to wait another year... and so it seems like I don't have much to lose from taking it Saturday.

Please advise?


  • amipp_93amipp_93 Alum Member
    585 karma
    Im not expert on this but just as a reminder, you wanna be sure that the law school you invest in, will pay off (employment etc) ofc no one wants to wait another year etc but if doing so gives you more time to hit a 75th+ percentile score at your target law schools, go for that in all honesty. Dont settle. Law schools are really not sinking over night you know. And if family etc is pushing you, know that this is YOUR journey, not theirs. Its gonna be YOU in law school, not them.

    Best of luck with any decision you make and i hope it works out in your favor friend.
  • splitterhopefulsplitterhopeful Alum Member
    340 karma
    Thanks, 170. I just don't want to keep my life on hold any longer. I'm definitely going to take the December test; my dilemma is whether to cancel my test for this Saturday now given my lack of adequate preparation and lack of proper health. :/
  • LSATModeLSATMode Member
    48 karma
    I just canceled mine. Panicking! but feels like right decision:(
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    Hi @splitterhopeful ---

    I vote cancel. Heal. Take care of yourself. Be COMPLETELY READY for December and hit it out of the park. Keep in mind many schools will take a February score (especially if it's a retake).
  • c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    I second @nicole.hopkins' excellent advise and recommend that you cancel and postpone the test. You don't want to take an exam you aren't ready for. And you don't want to take an exam that you think there is a possibility of bombing. Take the test when you're ready! Spend the next couple of months studying to crush December.
  • legally_chelslegally_chels Alum Member
    206 karma
    Definitely withdraw now and sign up for December. You will then have 2 months to improve and hopefully get a score that will guarantee you scholly money! :)
  • Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    3438 karma
    Yep... I was in your position... had my gramps pass away 2 days before the September test... I was in no frame of mind to take it. I canceled and sat the Dec administration. In hindsight, that was a fantastic decision.
  • splitterhopefulsplitterhopeful Alum Member
    340 karma
    Thanks to every one of you who responded. I kept what you guys said in mind and finally cancelled it a minute ago. I'll be ready to rock in December (I need to remember to get a Flu shot...)

    180's to all you 7Sagers taking the test tomorrow! :)
Sign In or Register to comment.