Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BR Group Cycle for December & February Takers: Starting over, all over again

DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
edited October 2015 in Study Groups 7468 karma
Ok, folks. Let's discuss options for BR groups heading towards December.

We have two matters to consider:

1) Which tests to BR
I think the top priority is to get all the way through PT75 (June '15). We have approximately 15 sessions between now and November 30th if we meet twice weekly (with PT61 happening this Wednesday), which should be the last group call for the Dec 6th test.
That means we have to make a choice between:
1) Staying the course and doing PT60s all the way to 75 in sequential order.
2) Something else? I’m not sure if there’s a better course, but I’m open to ideas.

My question to you: Which course do we follow?

2) When to do the groups
I propose the following. Please either respond to this thread or PM me if you have strong objections.
—Every Saturday at 8pm EST (note the time change). Our sessions have been averaging around 3 hours (shorter than previous sessions) and I do not think 11pm is too late for most of the East Coasters to wrap up the call.
—Every Wednesday at 8pm EST (if we have a lot of West Coasters who work full time, we can perhaps find some wiggle room depending on how long your commutes are. I hesitate to set it any later as that would push the East Coasters near midnight by the time we finish)
----Friday Special! We do PT70 through PT75 over the next several Fridays; please specify if you want to do this special session—some of us want the opportunity to take these later tests twice before the December test date. Maybe after that, we can play with some older tests in the 40s to switch it up??

My question to you: Do these days work for you?

To all who have participated or reached out to me about participating: Please make your lovely voices heard!

And as always ... If you want to join in on some BR fun, PM me with your Skype handle.

Comments

• kct19931kct19931 Member
    79 karma
    Those days seem solid to me! Would it also be possible to maybe throw in a random 5th section that we all have access too for some of the BR reviews? I missed the 52 call and after Going over it myself I'm still at a loss
  • DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
    7468 karma
    @kct19931 said:
    Would it also be possible to maybe throw in a random 5th section that we all have access too for some of the BR reviews?
    That’s a pretty good idea, so long as it’s covered at the end of the conversation; the people who don’t do the “experimental section" shouldn’t have to wait for us to finish it.
  • amipp_93amipp_93 Alum Member
    585 karma
    Hi! I really love your proposal @DumbHollywoodActor for the times. (so basically, PT Wed, -fri specials with 70-75- and sat continuing 60s and up right?) So is there a call this Saturday?! If yes, what PT??

Thank you!
    Ami
  • NYC12345NYC12345 Alum Inactive Sage
    1654 karma
    @DumbHollywoodActor said:
    I think the top priority is to get all the way through PT75
    PT 76 is going to be released in November, FYI.
  • poohbearpoohbear Alum Member
    496 karma
    Definitely think we should follow through with PTs 60-75.

As for times-- I can definitely do Wednesdays and Fridays. Saturday nights at 8PM EST usually aren't good for me-- I probably can't make it until 9:30/10ish. I don't mind earlier during the day on Saturdays though
  • granny_smithgranny_smith Member
    91 karma
    All of those times sound good to me. Thanks for setting this up! No preference on PT order.
  • SeriousbirdSeriousbird Alum Member
    1278 karma
    +1 to what @poohbear said.. I just purchased the book of preptests 60-69 and won't get it until late next week. My plan for right now is to take two tests a week or maybe one, and in a few weeks (when I finish the curriculum and drilling, I'm going rather slowly) start doing 3 a week. I definitely want to start taking 70-6 by end of October, early November.

As of now, I'm PTing on Saturdays to get a sense of what it will be like on test day, but I could do another one midweek like Tuesday or Wednesday..

Oh and I love the idea of doing the same EXP and reviewing that together.. I have the early 40s so 41-45 and 49 available..

@DumbHollywoodActor I pm'ed you my skype name.
    7468 karma
    @That170doe said:
    So is there a call this Saturday?! If yes, what PT??
    I hadn’t planned on it, but either PT 60 and PT 70 would fit rather well into the schedule that I’m making. If you’re game, I’ll make an announcement.
    7468 karma
    @alexandergreene93 said:
    PT 76 is going to be released in November, FYI.
    Doh!!! I didn’t even think about that. Thanks, Alex!
    7468 karma
    @poohbear said:
    I don't mind earlier during the day on Saturdays though
    What, do you have a social life or something? :)

What time were you thinking?
    edited October 2015 7468 karma
    Ok, folks. Thanks for the input! I’ll publish a preliminary schedule soon.
    496 karma
    @DumbHollywoodActor Haha not so much a social life but more so Saturday nights are always set aside for family dinners so I try not to miss out on that if possible. I just saw your tentative schedule posted up in the other thread and it looks like right now all BRs are from 5-8PM? EST right? That should work great for me.Thanks for setting this up! I can't wait to join the first one on Wednesday!
    496 karma
    There's a small part of me that wishes that these BR sessions can be recorded or something :D because I already know I'm probably going to miss a couple of the future sessions. It'd be crazy helpful to just hear different people talk things through-- even if it's after the fact
  • neethusreeneethusree Alum Member
    30 karma
    How do I get in on the BR sessions?? :)
    7468 karma