Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Last minute dilemma withdraw

lschoolgolschoolgo Member
in General 274 karma
*please don't quote

i am in a dilemma regarding whether to take the test this Saturday. i had been scoring at my target of 173 in the retakes of the tests but on the only 2 fresh tests that i did this year in the last 2 weeks, i was much below the target, mainly due to rc. i also missed some silly points on lg so i think i can go near perfect on a normal lg section.

pt 72: -18, 166, rc -9, lr1 -0, lr2 -4, lg -5

pt 75: -13, 168, rc -6, lr1 -2, lr2 -2, lg -3

i have already 2 scores so this take is pretty much it. if everything goes normally i think i'd still be sitting at -11/-13, which would still be below my target. so i am unsure whether to withdraw and do december or just take it now.

how could one decide?

is there any point in doing a 73/74 rc (which are fresh for me) and seeing again if the section goes better?

Comments

• DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
    7468 karma
    An important element in taking an LSAT is confidence. The fact that you’re posting this on Friday before the test means yours is lacking. Postpone the test.
  • NYC12345NYC12345 Alum Inactive Sage
    edited October 2015 1654 karma
    @lschoolgo
    Retake scores are not indicative of your skill level.
  • allergicallergic Alum Member Inactive Sage
    246 karma
    I think you should postpone the test.
  • allison.gill.sanfordallison.gill.sanford Alum Inactive Sage
    1128 karma
    just remember, if you write the exam and then want to cancel your score, that will count as your third take.
  • NYC12345NYC12345 Alum Inactive Sage
    1654 karma
    What were your actual scores @lschoolgo
  • legally_chelslegally_chels Alum Member
    206 karma
    If the school you are applying to is looking for a 166 LSAT score, then take it tomorrow. However, I would post pone the LSAT until December. You don't want to go in on test day with nothing but doubt. You need confidence and postponing might do that for you. Take the time to take 2 PTs per week and then BR in your own time after you take each prep test. You can only improve from here! Good luck to you and your decision :)