Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chances of beginning Fall 2016

rgrover116rgrover116 Alum Member
I just recently decided to take the LSAT and I am studying for the Dec. test. I am nervous that I will not be ready for the Dec. test and end up taking the Feb. test. For personal reasons, I really want to start school in Fall 2016 and not wait another year. My top two school choices both are still accepting applications until the beginning of April and one is accepting until May. However, both are on rolling admissions, which I know significantly will lower my chances.

I guess I need some guidance if it is unrealistic to think that applying that late in the game will still get me in for the upcoming Fall. Taking the test in February would give me more time to prepare and I would most likely get a higher LSAT score but it puts me applying so late in the process.

Any advice or opinions is greatly appreciate!

Comments

• ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    Just a food for thought. Applying with a Feb score will likely leave you with little to no scholarships as these too are also on a rolling basis. If you manage to kill it in Dec, you'll be able to complete your apps by the first week of Jan and that'll be about normal.
  • 97 karma
    All depends on where you want to go really. And although I agree with most of what ddakjiking is saying, if you score high enough and are not applying to the TOP schools....they can and will find scholarship money for you.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    FWIW, people get full rides off of waitlists... so anything is possible, even late in the year, it's all about setting yourself up for success in what you're aiming for. Depending how far off you are from your target is a big factor. If you need a 5 point jump in the 150s versus a 25-30 point jump from the 140s to the 170s then the latter is going to take longer in over 99% of the cases. If you can hit the right score in February and still get in then you can always take June and ask for more money. Of course there's no guarantee they'll still have any then to increase your scholarship, or that you'll get a higher score, but you should do a bit of research on the schools you're targeting and how scenarios like that can play out.